Oscars 2019: Here’s Who Won the Cinema’s Biggest Awards This Year
The Oscars, also known as The Academy Awards, are a set of awards given annually by the Academy of Motion Picture Arts and Sciences (AMPAS), concerning excellence in cinematic achievements as assessed by the Academy’s voting membership.
Well, like every year, this year also the 91st Academy Awards ceremony, honoring the best films of 2018, was held on February 24, 2019. This Award Ceremony was held at the Dolby Theatre in Los Angeles, California.
However, the ceremony got off to a mildly awkward start this year as Tina Fey, Maya Rudolph, and Amy Poehler entered to present the Best Supporting Actress award, performed a little routine comedy recognizing that there is no host for this year’s presentation. No awards were given out during commercials and no Most Popular Film award this year.
Even though the show was shortened by cutting some awards, but the addition of more crowd-pleasing elements led to a lot of online backlashes.
Here’s is the full list of Oscars 2019 winners:
1. Documentary (Feature): Jimmy Chin and Elizabeth Chai Vasarhelyi, Free Solo
2. Actress in a Supporting Role: Regina King, If Beale Street Could Talk
3. Makeup and Hairstyling: Greg Cannom, Kate Biscoe, and Patricia Dehaney, Vice
4. Costume Design: Ruth E. Carter, Black Panther
5. Production Design: Hannah Beachler and Jay Hart, Black Panther
6. Cinematography: Alfonso Cuarón, Roma
7. Sound Editing: John Warhurst, Bohemian Rhapsody
8. Sound Mixing: Paul Massey, Tim Cavagin, and John Casali, Bohemian Rhapsody
9. Foreign Language Film: Alfonso Cuarón, Roma
10. Film Editing: John Ottman, Bohemian Rhapsody
11. Actor in a Supporting Role: Mahershala Ali, Green Book
12. Animated Feature Film: Spider-Man: Into the Spider-Verse, Bob Persichetti, Peter Ramsey, Rodney Rothman
13. Animated Short Film: Domee Shi, Bao
14. Documentary Short Subject: Rayka Zehtabchi and Melissa Berton, Period. End of Sentence (Indian)
15. Visual Effects: Paul Lambert, Ian Hunter, Tristan Myles, and J.D. Schwalm, First Man
16. Live Action Short Film: Guy Nattiv and Jamie Ray Newman, Skin
17. Best Original Screenplay: Nick Vallelonga, Brian Currie, Peter Farrelly, Green Book
18. Best Adapted Screenplay: Spike Lee, Sean McKittrick, Jason Blum, Raymond Mansfield, Jordan Peele, BlacKkKlansman
19. Original Song: Lady Gaga, Mark Ronson, Anthony Rossomando, and Andrew Wyatt, “Shallow,” A Star Is Born
20. Best Actor in a Leading Role: Rami Malek, Bohemian Rhapsody
21. Best Actress in a Leading Role: Olivia Colman, The Favourite
22. Best Director: Alfonso Cuarón, Roma
23. Best Picture: Green Book
24. Original Score: Ludwig Goransson, Black Panther
Here are some glamorous moments from Oscars 2019:
Congratulations to All Winners!