The soulful and melodious singer, Lata Mangeshkar who has sung for over seven decades, is considered the greatest female singer India has ever heard. The nightingale of India is a Bharat Ratna recipient who has not only recorded songs in Hindi language but has also in various regional and foreign languages.
Lata Mangeshkar started her career in 1942 where she play backed for Marathi film Gajaabhaau, but her first major break into Hindi cinema was with the song “paa lagoon kar jori” for the movie “aap ki seva mein” in 1946. From here onwards there was no looking back again, her career flourished and sky was the limit. Moreover Lata didi feels that it’s the immense love of her fans all around the globe that made her the voice of nation.
Knowing the unknown facts about Lata Mangeshkar: The Nightingale of India
- Lata Mangeshkar’s original surname was Hardikar. Her father Deenanath changed it to identify the family with their native place Mangeshi in Goa.
- At the age of five, Lata Mangeshkar started working as an actress in her father’s musical play.
- Lata Mangeshkar was the first Indian who performed at Royal Albert Hall in London in the year 1974.
- At the beginning of her career, when singers such as Noor Jehan and Shamshad Begum were ruling Bollywood, Lata faced many rejections. Most of the directors and producers thought that her voice was too thin to in fit any heroine’s voice.
- She also acted in eight movies from 1942 to 1948 which never was her forte. She always kept music above all other interests.
[su_slider source="media: 18965,18964,18963,18962"]
- In the Year 1962, it was reported that she was slowly poisoned by her family cook and it took three months for her to recover from it.
- The all time veteran actress Madhubala felt that Lata Mangeshkar suited her voice the best, thus she made a clause whenever she would sign a film that she should be the voice behind her, where as our didi feels that her voice best fits to evergreen beauty Saira Banu.
- It's said that when Lata Mangeshkar sung the song “ae mere watan ke logon” she moved the first Indian Prime Minister Pandit Jawaharlal Nehru to tears.
Some of her popular songs included melodies from Aandhi Kati patang and many more. The popularity of Lataji and her songs is unparalleled.
See Related Post Here:
|Masterchef India Season 4: Judges Become Singers for Finale||Singer Cum Actor, Ali Zafar Becomes a Proud Father of a Baby Girl|